15 February 2010

Love, Lions, and Losers...

Another Monday morning. As I sit here, I wonder how it has come so quickly. How does the weekend seem to go by so fast, while the week seems to go just a bit slower then a snail.

My morning routine is not a bad one. I start with feeding the cats, who I am sure I could simply leave a can of food and the can opener on the counter, and they would feed themselves, but it makes me look good to help them. After that, I make a cup of coffee, a recent addition to the morning routine after received a Keurig* as a gift. I then shuffle into the living room where I turn on the Weather Channel, get under the blanket I purchased in Disney World, and tend to my virtual worlds. Then it is time for the not so fun part of the morning - getting ready and going to work.

So now as my fish are fed, the tanks are cleaned, my farm is tended to, and the animals are content for the moment, I am left with a few minutes to post this entry.

As just mentioned, I watch the Weather Channel every morning. And every morning I wonder if these people own a mirror. The outfits they choose to wear make me want to close my eyes. I feel the need to move to Atlanta and become their fashion consultant. 

Another Valentines Day has come and gone. I always thought once I found someone to love, this day would mean more. Clearly, I was delusional. It is a Hallmark holiday that puts way too much pressure on relationships. Don't get me wrong, any day that presents and chocolate are involved is better then a day without. At the same time, it seems like it is just a day for us relationship-ed people to stick our tongues out at our single friends. It's like we're on the black top at recess, making faces and "nah-nah"ing our friends. I apologize to my single friends. And I shall give you half of my tator tots at lunch.

I would like to touch upon the Olympics. I will do that later. The clock seems to move way too quick in the mornings. And my coffee cup is empty, having just chugged that disgusting last sip that is always too cold and too sweet.

*How I love you, Keurig. Your hazelnut coffee is a wonderful way to start the day, and your golden french toast coffee is divine. Thank you for helping my morning get going.

1 comment:

  1. I must admit that I've felt the 'nah nahny boo boo you're still alone and i'm not' feeling on V-Day, but I take great comfort in the fact that most of those couples won't make it to the next one LOL Thank God you're not like that! I'll still take those tater tots though!! :P

    ReplyDelete